A cup of burdock tea is a source of rich nutrients and essential elements that help improve your well-being. This herbal tea contains a high amount of fiber, protein, insulin, tannins, essential fatty acids, flavonoids, mucilage as well as other elements.
The root contains the highest concentration of components such as calcium, chromium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, silicon, sodium, sulfur, zinc, thiamine, as well as vitamins A, B-complex, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, C and E. These elements combined provide for a number of health benefits.
Health Benefits of Burdock Tea
Detox burdock tea
- One of the most important health benefits of burdock tea is its ability to cleanse the body. This powerful detox tea may help to remove toxins from the blood stream, thus controlling blood sugar levels and preventing inflammations. Due to its iron content, it also nourishes the blood possibly preventing anemia.
- Its important diuretic action makes this tea a great way to reduce water retention. Burdock tea may also help to clear away uric acid and harmful or poisonous wastes.
- This herbal tea helps to restore the liver and gall bladder as well as stimulate them, to function properly and bring balance. It may promote recovery from hepatitis, jaundice and diseases affecting also the spleen and pancreas.
- By promoting a healthy liver, burdock tea is useful to help treat stagnant blood conditions, purifying the blood and revitalizing the body, thus promoting a healthier life.
- Drinking this tea, may help to reduce swelling and stabilize glands, such as the hypothalamus, the pituitary, lymph and sebaceous glands. At the same this, this tea may nourish these glands bring you back to health much quicker.
- Your kidneys may benefit from the detoxifying action of burdock tea. When helping to remove toxins through the urinary system, it may also treat urinary infections, kidney disorders and provide a mild diuretic action while flushing out harmful agents.
Diabetes support burdock tea
- Burdock tea may also be used as an aid for people with diabetes, as it helps to regulate sugar levels by preventing the absorptions of harmful sugars. It contains fibers that help decrease the intake of sugars and toxins from food.
- It contains a high concentration of insulin, a helpful substance that is good for people with either diabetes or hypoglycemia, because it provides healthy necessary sugars without increasing insulin rapidly.
- Talk to your doctor about this tea to make sure it is safe for your case and make the necessary changes to your diet and medication. Your doctor may wish to monitor your progress as you drink this tea.
Rheumatic pain and arthritis burdock tea
- As a detox tea, burdock helps to eliminate toxins from your body that cause joint swelling and inflammation. Drinking this herbal tea may be a way of fighting rheumatism, arthritis and gout. It may also offer pain relief.
- Burdock tea may also help break down calcification in the joints and knuckles that cause pain and hinder your movements. It may also be a good remedy for fibromyalgia, lumbago and sciatica, helping to soothe pain and reduce inflammation.
- Burdock tea is said to improve digestion and stimulate your appetite. So it may be a good tea to drink when you are recovering from illness and have difficulty eating. It relieves stomach pains and speeds up the digestive process, allowing for better absorption of nutrients and faster elimination of wastes.
- It is a great tea to strengthen and soothe your digestive system, protecting it against disease and promoting a healthy level of bile secretion.
- Drinking burdock root tea may help with constipation as it has a laxative effect, clearing out any bacteria or fungi causing you intestinal disorders. Just remember to stay well hydrated when you are recovering from these issues and do not exceed the recommended daily dosage.
- This tea may also prove helpful for those who suffer from Crohn’s disease or diverticulitis and need a cleansing tea to help with the treatment of these ailments.
Immune system booster
- This herbal tea may be used when you are suffering from general weakness and need to give your immune system a boost in order to better recover and fight illness. Its antifungal, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial actions may prove to be very helpful.
- Burdock tea may be taken to treat bronchial coughs and other respiratory irritations. If you have a cold or the flu, this tea may bring down a fever by making you sweat away the toxins that are the source of the sickness, or treat the symptoms of a painful sore throat.
- Besides building your defenses against illness, it may also strengthen your respiratory tract, reducing occurrence of allergies or asthma attacks.
- With the approval of your child’s pediatrician you may use give this tea to stimulate the immune system of your child.
Nerve tonic and pain management
- This cleansing tea provides positive and healing changes. It may be considered a tonic for the nerves, energizing and revitalizing the mind and body while keeping your nerves in check.
- This restorative herbal tea helps to alleviate stress related with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, allowing you to deal better with difficulty situations soothing and nourishing nerves.
Female and male tonic
- Burdock tea is ideal for both men and women. Its toning action on the liver provides the healthy hormonal balance that is needed by the reproductive organs of both sexes.
- Women may drink this tea to help relieve painful menstrual cramps and soothing the symptoms of PMS. Burdock infusions may be a good way to help regulate the menstrual cycle by stimulating the uterine function.
- Drinking this tea may also soothe the symptoms of menopause by aiding your liver to properly provide the hormonal stability you need as well as nourishing the nerves in need when you may be suffering from such things as night sweats or mood swings.
- This tea also has the reputation of increasing the production of breast milk; however, breastfeeding mothers are advised to talk to their doctor before resorting to herbal supplements such as this one.
Cancer fighter burdock tea
- Burdock is known for being an ingredient in the cancer fighting Essiac tea, an herbal blend with the reputation of being a complementary treatment for cancer. There is however little evidence to support the claims that burdock could treat cancer.
- What seems to have been identified in burdock tea is the ability to suppress the growth and multiplication of tumors through the presence of antioxidants. It seems to act at the cellular level, preventing the mutation of cells that could lead to cancer.
- If you do intend to use this herbal tea as a complementary treatment, talk to your doctor first.